Imagery...

You know you want to, you social butterfly.
schwim
Site Admin

Re: Imagery...

Super_Randy wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 9:45 pm super charger and twin alternators?
That's my understanding but I wonder how twin cooling fans would work in that configuration, it seems like one side would get tons of cooling but the placement of the other would fight against it.

Also, third pulley down on the right side. I wonder what that's for, it's got it's own dedicated belt but you can't even see what the pulley is driving so too small to be an A/C compressor.
Maddel

I'm clueless when it comes to super chargers but I wonder where this blower get its air from?
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

schwim wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 8:47 am
Super_Randy wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 9:45 pm super charger and twin alternators?
That's my understanding but I wonder how twin cooling fans would work in that configuration, it seems like one side would get tons of cooling but the placement of the other would fight against it.

Also, third pulley down on the right side. I wonder what that's for, it's got it's own dedicated belt but you can't even see what the pulley is driving so too small to be an A/C compressor.
im assuming that's an idler pully for setting belt tension. i only see 2 belts. one on the supercharger and one big ass serpentine.
i don't see an issue with the fans, they're both spinning the same direction. and it looks like there's one on each side of the engine, i don't see a fan shroud of any kind so they don't appear to be connected.
you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

Maddel wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 2:39 pm I'm clueless when it comes to super chargers but I wonder where this blower get its air from?
im guessing there may be an intake on the other side of the firewall/behind the back seat. iv seen several turbo cars with that set up. they run naca ducts in the quarter windows and run like 3" hose to feed an "air box" where (on the turbo cars) is where the carb is mounted.
schwim
Site Admin

This guy built it for the Mexican 1000 though he didn't make it this year.

Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

what the hell, did he just hang a ghia body on a dune buggy?
schwim
Site Admin

Super_Randy wrote: April 25th, 2024, 9:22 pm what the hell, did he just hang a ghia body on a dune buggy?
Based off of that weird frame/skin underneath it, it really looks that way. Like a low-effort body drop.
schwim
Site Admin

Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

Maddel

^ ^ ^ Seems like an F-104 wing tip fuel tank.

Posted this already I guess...